We hope that we can rely on your generosity and support for donkey welfare in Ireland. Can you make a donation today to help us support donkeys in the community and to look after the donkeys in our care?
In recent years, we have seen a steady rise in the number of welfare calls from concerned members of the public and owners needing to rehome their donkeys because they are no longer able to look after them.
But this winter, the situation is likely to be even more challenging as the health and financial crises caused by Covid-19 are likely to lead to a further increase in welfare issues and relinquishments.
Our welfare, veterinary, and farm teams are working tirelessly, in very challenging circumstances, caring for our donkeys and providing emergency support for donkeys in communities around Ireland.
A donation from you today will ensure we can continue to ensure the best possible life for donkeys in our care, as well as supporting donkeys across Ireland in desperate need.
How does my donation help?
- Helps provide emergency veterinary, farriery or dental care for donkeys.
- Ensures our welfare team can support donkeys in the community and provide advice over the phone to donkey owners.
- Enables our welfare team to support the process of finding new homes for donkeys in need across Ireland, where their owners can can no longer cope.
- Helps to run our Rehoming scheme, matching donkeys in our care with the best possible homes.
- Supports the delivery of bespoke donkey care training to potential Guardian homes.
- Helps with transport costs, keeping our welfare team on the road.
This year, we have already helped more than 1,100 donkeys and 400 owners in the community. With your financial help, we can continue to reach more donkeys that need our help.
To make a donation online, please click the DONATE button below. If you would prefer to speak to a member of our fundraising team and make a donation over the phone, please call +353 (0) 22 48398.