The Teddy Bear's Picnic is our most successful annual event at The Donkey Sanctuary. Sadly, due to COVID-19 we can't hold our picnic this summer. The Open Farm remains temporarily closed to the public and we know that many of you miss visiting your favourite donkeys. As a charity, we rely on visitor donations and events to help us continue our work. The Teddy Bear's Picnic is a great day out for everyone and it's also a big fundraising event that we are missing out on this year.
Donate and have a Teddy Bear's Picnic
As we can't have a Teddy Bear’s Picnic this year, we would be delighted if you hold a picnic for the members of your household, in your own garden and made a donation to The Donkey Sanctuary. We have a limited number of donkey soft toys to send out to join your picnic in return for a suggested donation of €15. These soft and cuddly fellow are the perfect addition to a Teddy bear’s Picnic and you can name them after your favourite donkey.
I want to help
Simply donate today and we will send you a donkey soft toy* in the post. When it suits you, hold a picnic in your garden with the members of your household. If you would like take a photo of the fun at your picnic and share it with us, tag us on Instagram or Facebook. To donate, please click on the link below or call our Fundraising Team on 022 48398.
How does my donation help?
Vital work: Because of your support, we can continue our work. When it comes to improving donkey welfare, we are facing some serious challenges. Due to increased indiscriminate breeding and donkeys being abandoned by their owners, our Irish sanctuary is full to capacity - but we are here to help. We can offer support and advice to donkey and mule owners about how to care for their animals.
Vital care: Your financial assistance helps us to look after the donkeys and mules in our care. As well as providing food, veterinary care and shelter, we can look after all of their individual needs.
Rehoming Scheme: Over 670 of our donkeys are now part of our Rehoming Scheme and live in loving Guardian Homes in the community. Because of your donations, our Welfare Team can train, support and advise Donkey Guardians on how to care for donkeys.
- *Donkey soft toy is 30cm long and suitable for children from 12 months old.
- We have a limited supply of donkey soft toys and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Suggested €15 donation includes post and packaging within the island of Ireland.
- Postage to destinations outside Ireland will cost extra. If you live outside Ireland and would like to make a donation, please send an email to our Fundraising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you organise a Teddy Bear’s Picnic in your garden, please adhere to all Government guidelines around COVID-19.