The Donkey Sanctuary is open at the following times with free admission:
- Monday-Friday, 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Please park in designated areas.
- We offer designated areas for disabled parking.
- Please do not leave dogs in hot cars (dogs are very welcome to join you on your visit).
Please note that the gates close promptly, but you are welcome to to walk around the Sanctuary if your car is parked outside the gates after the closing times.
- In the Visitors' Information Centre you will be able to learn about our work through the information displays, and perhaps buy some of our goods that are on sale. Our friendly staff will be able to help you with any queries.
- If you have booked a guided tour, please inform staff and we will arrange your tour. If no appointment has been made, please ask staff if any tour is organised at the time of your visit and you may be able to join in.
Sit and relax while we update yourself on all aspects of our work, help yourself to our literature and just rest yourself after your nice long walk amongst the donkeys.
- The adoption donkeys can be found in the paddock bordering the car park or behind the Information Centre.
- Refreshments are available at the Information Centre.
- A picnic area can be found by the car park.
- A guide containing information about all the walks around the Sanctuary is available from the Information Centre.
Toilets and baby changing facilities
- There is a block behind the Information Centre.
Hand washing facilities
- We recommend that you wash your hands after handling the donkeys, especially before eating.
- Washing facilities can be found in the toilet block behind the Information Centre.
- Dogs are very welcome to join you on your visit, although please ensure they are kept on a lead at all times.
- In the interest of hygiene and to make walking pleasant for all, please clear up after your dogs. Disposal bins are situated around the Sanctuary.
- Staff at the Visitors' information centre hold a first aid kit.
No feeding policy
- Please do not attempt to feed the donkeys; it only encourages them to expect food from everyone and fingers can look deceptively like carrots to a donkey!
- You are invited to pass any donkey treats you may bring in to the staff in the Information Centre who will ensure they are distributed to the donkeys at feeding time.
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the Sanctuary.
- Please take notice of all No Smoking signs around the Sanctuary.