The Donkey Sanctuary welcomes your participation in the interactive use of our website. We want to hear from you and welcome your contributions. The terms and conditions which are set out below may be updated from time to time. If you do not wish to abide by any of the stated terms, you should discontinue the interactive use of the website. The website is owned and operated by The Donkey Sanctuary (“the Charity”) in furtherance of the objects of the Charity.
- Moderation is active and all submissions will be reviewed before being published on the website. For this reason your contribution will not show on the live site immediately upon submission.
- The Charity reserves the right to delete or to edit any contribution. Comments may be edited because of their length.
By participating in the interactive use of our website, you are granting us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to republish anything that you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
Use of website
- Please contribute in a civil and constructive way. Please post in English only and try to avoid using slang or shorthand expressions.
- Abusive language and anything that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, violent, discriminatory, blasphemous, unlawful, illegal or offensive will not be accepted.
- Please only submit your own material save that, where lawful, you may use limited quotes from published sources as long as these are clearly referenced.
- Please do not use postings to raise a complaint about the Charity. Instead use our Contact us page.
- We cannot accept any advertising or posting of material of a commercial nature.
- Marketing and posting of web links (URL’s) is not accepted. Please contact us via the Contact us link if you wish to let us know of a particular website.
- Spamming or flooding is not accepted.
- Our registration procedures require you to supply us with your name, your user name and email details. You may also supply other information, as indicated. Your details (other than your user name) will only be used to facilitate access to discussions and for other service administration purposes unless you specifically opt otherwise and you are content for other users to see such details.
- Personal data will be held on our systems for as long as this service is provided or until you request that we remove your details.
- Please note that in exceptional circumstances we may be under a legal obligation to reveal your registration information to authorities.
- Please do not insert any personal information or publish anybody else’s contact details. This condition is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses the service.
- Please do not impersonate any other person or public figure and do not create multiple user identities.
Termination of use
We reserve the right to remove the access of any individual who in the opinion of the charity has breached these terms and conditions or otherwise inappropriately used this website.