With so many donkeys needing help, The Donkey Sanctuary is always grateful for any assistance you may be able to give in raising much-needed funds. We are fortunate to have a large group of voluntary fundraisers who kindly help us in very many ways, this could be anything from a coffee morning, cake-sale or signing up for a mini marathon. All we ask for is as little or as much time as you feel you can give because every single cent assists us in our vital work.
We would be delighted to give you any advice, support and assistance you may require. A fundraising pack is available on request. We will also supply you with a copy of our fundraising guidelines leaflet which has been drawn up for the benefit of both you and our charities, outlining rules and regulations which must be complied with.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer fundraiser, or have any questions, please contact us.
The Donkey Sanctuary depends entirely on donations from its supporters in order to continue with our vital work here in Ireland.
The fundraising promise
You can be assured that, as a charity supported by voluntary public donations The Donkey Sanctuary, Ireland will always:
- Prepare fully audited accounts which are available to you for inspection, in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Practice for Charities.
- Keep administrative and fundraising costs to a minimum.
The Donkey Sanctuary, Ireland is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The statement was developed by the ICTR (Irish Charities Tax Research Ltd) and exists to provide charities in Ireland with a Fundraising Code of Practice.
The purpose of the statement is to:
- Improve the way charities in Ireland raise their funds.
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public.
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
For more information please visit the ICTR website for fundraising best practice in addition to the attached documents below.
The Donkey Sanctuary, Ireland believes we meet the standards the Code of Practice sets out.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our fundraising activities, please write to:
The Donkey Sanctuary